Bits & Bites from my original blog :)

A preview for you! I share as I please!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

"Respect for Hardwork"

"All I can say today is I have respect for Hardwork" 

"10,000" points in one evening!

"2 dollars"

"100% Accuracy"

These are the highlights from today's evening...a time that Shreyu and I are working hard to make up for the time lost and prepare for the upcoming placement tests!! Technically the first step towards Ivy League!!

It's mid-Feb, and March will see Performance tests and April will see the NWEA tests. So, less than a month!! Chop Chop lady!! Let's get those Math Skills roaring!!!

So, off we go starting with Khan Academy - and here comes the Tigress!! The Bengal Tigress! That's Shreya we are talking about. Or rather her Khan Academy, username "bengaltiger145" with the password being "ilovetigers". 

So, the Tigress had a great start and kept roaring until she earned 10,000 points in a matter of 2 hours with very minimal breaks n 100% accuracy! I'm ...umm...proud of the accuracy but I'm not sure if the speed is adequate or not. But still glad to see her focus for this long. 

So, she gets 10,000 points and was awarded cool Avatars on Khan Academy and I surprised her with 8quarters aka 2dollars! She made me happy n I made her happy 😊

She went back to drop the money in her piggy bank and comes back n announces this with a dramatic sigh 
"Hmm, now I have new respect for Hardwork"

This girl never ceases to amaze me n amuse me with her never ending drama n dialogues 😊😊

We smiled, laughed n hugged to end the eventful evening!

And if you are wondering why the new found respect for Hardwork, here's the backstory:

Today is the day that I stayed home to stay with her during the Presidents week break, and gave her some heavy lectures on why education is important and more importantly why hard work is important. Lectures that included flowcharts, real life examples 😊...and some some stern messaging interspersed throughout 😉...
So, not only did she learn the theory but followed it up with practicals too!!

Now, praying to dear God to be with her n guide her throughout all the exams n bless her with a seat in the Advanced Math!!! 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home